- 1 cup almond butter or sunflower butter
- 2 whole eggs
- ½ cup full fat coconut milk
- ½ cup date puree (8 medjool dates soaked for 30 minutes, drained and mashed)
- 1/3 cup coconut nectar or coconut sugar
- 1 tablespoon pure gluten-free vanilla extract
- ½ cup toasted carob powder
- ¼ teaspoons gluten-free baking soda
- ¼ teaspoons sea salt
Cream Cheese Swirl
- 150 grams soft goat cheese
- 2 tablespoons coconut nectar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350F and prepare an 8×8 baking dish by draping it with parchment paper on either ends.
- After dates have soaked for 30 minutes, drain and mash with a potato masher until smooth.
- Combine almond butter, eggs, milk, date puree, nectar and extract in the bowl of your stand mixer or combine in a large-sized bowl with a hand mixer. Mix until smooth.
- Add carob powder, baking soda and sea salt. Mix until just combined.
- Drop mixture into prepared baking sheet and set aside.
- To prepare cream cheese swirl, add ingredients to a bowl and whip until smooth.
- Drop 9 dollops onto the top of the brownies. Then, starting in the corner, place knife in the middle of the far dollop and drag through the batter, end to end. Loop back to the next row of dollops and do it again. Repeat until marbled.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes, until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven and allow to sit for 5 minutes. Slide out of the pan, cut into 16 squares and enjoy!
Spread the love, earn karma points:
Nutrition Information Per Serving
- Calories: 198
- Calories from Fat: 124
- Total Fat: 13.8
- Saturated Fat: 3.5 g
- Cholesterol: 20> mg
- Sodium: 55 mg
- Carbs: 17.3 g
- Dietary Fiber: 1.6 g
- Net Carbs: 15.7 g
- Sugars: 12.5 g
- Protein: 4.3 g