- 3/4 cup quinoa flakes
- 3/4 cup sorghum flour
- 1/4 cup brown rice flour
- 3 tablespoon ground flax seed
- 3 tablespoon hemp seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon Baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon Himalayan rock salt
- 2 apple, diced – do not peel!
- 1/2 cup apple juice
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 8 medjool dates, pitted and diced
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 2 tablespoon apple butter or 1 tablespoon apple sauce
- 3 tablespoon sunflower seed butter or 3 tablespoon sunflower seeds ground fine
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350F and line a cookie sheet with parchment paper or a silicon baking mat.
- Place diced apples, apple juice, lemon juice, and cinnamon in a small sauce pan. Cover and cook on medium-low heat for 5-10 minutes. Set aside to cool.
- Meanwhile, combine quinoa flakes, sorghum flour, rice flour, flax seed, hemp seeds, baking soda, and salt in a large bowl. Whisk until combined.
- In a blender, process half of the apple mixture [reserve the other half] with dates, coconut oil, apple butter, sunflower seed butter and vanilla extract.
- Add processed mixture and reserved apples to the large flour bowl, and mix until combined.
- Scoop 1/4 cup of mix at a time into your hand and shape into small bars – about 1 inch in width and 2-3 inches in length.
- Place on prepared cookie sheet and bake for 30-35 minutes [mine took 31 minutes] or until golden.
Spread the love, earn karma points:
Nutrition Information Per Serving
- Calories: 224
- Calories from Fat: 97
- Total Fat: 10.7
- Saturated Fat: 5.1 g
- Sodium: 124 mg
- Carbs: 27.8 g
- Dietary Fiber: 4 g
- Net Carbs: 23.8 g
- Sugars: 9.6 g
- Protein: 5 g