No Bake Shortbread
- 1 cup (140 grams) raw macadamia nuts
- ¼ cup coconut nectar
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pinch sea salt
- 100 grams pitted medjool dates (approximately 6 dates)
- 3 tablespoons nut or seed butter – I used sunflower seed butter
- Pinch sea salt
- ¾ cup (150 grams) dairy-free chocolate chips, melted
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Begin by adding macadamia nuts to the bowl of your food processor and processing until ground. Pulse for best results and do not process too long or you’ll have nut butter! Check out the pictures below to see what I mean.
- Add coconut nectar, vanilla and salt. Process for a couple more seconds, just until combined.
- Scoop out about 1 1/2 tablespoons at a time into your hand and roll into a ball. Slowly shape into a long tube by rolling back and forth between the palm of your hands until it’s about 3-inches long. Set down on prepared cookie sheet and flatten with fingers. You can make the cookie even straighter by using the side of a knife to press up against the edges.
- Repeat with remaining dough, making 12 bars in total. Once complete, place in the freezer.
- Place caramel ingredients in the bowl of your food processor. Process until smooth. You may have to add a drop or two of water to make smooth. I added a total of 1/2 teaspoon.
- Remove the cookies from the freezer and top with caramel. To do so, roll caramel like you did the cookies; into 3-inch tubes, and place over top of cookies. Return to the freezer and allow to set for at least 30 minutes.
- Melt chocolate chips by dropping into a metal bowl and place over top of a sauce pan filled with water. Bring water to a boil and stir chips until melted. Remove from heat.
- Remove the cookie sheet from the freezer and; one by one, coat the bars in chocolate. To do this, drop the bar into the chocolate and coat it with your fingers. Remove access with your fingers and place back on the parchment.
- Repeat with remaining cookies.
- Place back in the freezer for a couple of minutes until chocolate has hardened.
- Keep in the fridge or freezer until ready to serve.
Spread the love, earn karma points:
Nutrition Information Per Serving
- Calories: 207
- Calories from Fat: 129
- Total Fat: 14.3
- Saturated Fat: 3.8 g
- Sodium: 41 mg
- Carbs: 20.6 g
- Dietary Fiber: 2.5 g
- Net Carbs: 18.1 g
- Sugars: 16.7 g
- Protein: 1.9 g