- 2 teaspoon freshly ground chia seed
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1 cup frozen wild blueberries
- 1 tablespoon coconut nectar or honey
- ½ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon pure almond extract
- 1½ cups shredded unsweetened coconut
- 2 marshmallows, sliced with holes punched into the middle of each slice
- 8 dark chocolate covered banana pieces
- Combine chia and water in a small dish and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 300F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicon baking mat. Set aside.
- Add blueberries, coconut nectar, and extracts to a small saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium heat. Begin to stir constantly until liquid reduces to half and it fairy thick but not syrupy. Remove and place in a medium-sized bowl.
- Add chia mixture.
- Add coconut and mix with a spoon until it’s completely coated.
- Place tablespoon amounts in the palm of your hand and work into circles. Press down to make into a coin shape and place on the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes, or until lightly golden on the edges.
- Remove from the oven and place marshmallow and chocolate piece on top.
- Return to the oven and cook for 2-3 minutes. Watch carefully so that the marshmallow doesn’t burn.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool slightly before removing from the cookie sheet and placing on a cooling rack.
Spread the love, earn karma points:
To keep recipe vegan, and make a bit healthier too, replace marshmallow slices with banana slices. Do not use the honey.
Feel free to use whatever chocolate you have on hand. Dairy-free chocolate chips, candy covered chocolates or dark chocolate covered raisins would work well!
Nutrition Information Per Serving
- Calories: 141
- Calories from Fat: 73
- Total Fat: 8.1
- Saturated Fat: 5.1 g
- Sodium: 9 mg
- Carbs: 16.1 g
- Dietary Fiber: 4.8 g
- Net Carbs: 11.3 g
- Sugars: 8.6 g
- Protein: 2.3 g