- 1/2 cup boiling water
- 1 peppermint tea bag
- 1/2 cup non dairy milk – I used unsweetened rice milk
- 2 cups spinach
- 1 medium frozen banana
- 2 tablespoon hemp hearts
- 6 ice cubes
- 3 tablespoon non-dairy chocolate chips, divided
To be prepared at least 30 minutes in advance:
- Steep the tea in the 1/2 cup boiling water until ready to use in the smoothie so that it’s really concentrated. Wait until the water has cooled, about 30 minutes. I just make my tea at night and let it sit on the counter overnight.
- Place all ingredients but chocolate chips in your blender in the order of the ingredients listed. blend for 30 seconds or until smooth.
- Drop in half of the chocolate chips and pulse quickly.
- Pour into a cup and top with leftover chocolate.
Spread the love, earn karma points:
To boost the detoxifying and cleansing properties of this smoothie, you could add chlorella or spirulina powder!
Nutrition Information Per Serving
- Calories: 329
- Calories from Fat: 96
- Total Fat: 10.6
- Saturated Fat: 2.7 g
- Sodium: 101 mg
- Carbs: 52.1 g
- Dietary Fiber: 7.1 g
- Net Carbs: 45 g
- Sugars: 26.9 g
- Protein: 9.3 g