- 1/2 cup (105 g) coconut oil
- 1 1/4 lbs (570 g) pork belly, cut into 1 by 1/2 inch (2.5 by 1.25 cm) pieces
- 1 teaspoon grey sea salt
- 3/4 teaspoon five spice
Sticky sauce, optional
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) chicken, beef, or pork stock
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) avocado oil
- 2 teaspoons sriracha
- 1 tablespoon coconut aminos
- 1 teaspoon erythritol
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon finely diced fresh ginger
- Place coconut oil in a large pan set to medium-high.
- Toss the pork belly pieces in salt and five spice.
- Once the coconut oil melts completely, add the pork belly pieces.
- Cover with a splashguard and cook for 20 minutes, rotating halfway through.
- Once complete, strain and reserve the fat for another day.
- Meanwhile, combine all of the sticky sauce ingredients in a small saucepan. Set on medium-low.
- Once boiling, keep going for 10 minutes. Whisking every 2 minutes.
- Transfer the sauce to a small serving bowl and serve alongside the keto popcorn.
Spread the love, earn karma points:
When looking for pork belly, it’s best to choose a cut that doesn’t include the skin. You can ask your butcher for what’s what. If you end up getting a cut with the skin, you can cut it off like you would chicken skin. It’s a bit harder to separate but worth it. I don’t enjoy keto popcorn with the skin on, I feel like it downgrades the flavor and makes it challenging to eat.
Nutrition Information Per Serving
- Calories: 884
- Total Fat: 64.6
- Saturated Fat: 39.2 g
- Cholesterol: 164> mg
- Sodium: 2883 mg
- Protein: 65.8 g