- 3 cups (270 grams) thinly sliced red cabbage
- 1/2 cup diced green onions
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon finely ground grey sea salt
Wraps and Additional Filling
- 16 collard leaves, stems removed
- 1 lb (455 grams) regular ground meat (beef, chicken, pork or turkey), cooked and chilled
- 1/3 cup (25 grams) packed alfalfa sprouts
- Toothpicks, for holding the wraps together
- Combine coleslaw ingredients in a large bowl. Mix with a spoon, until everything is coated well.
- After removing the stem, each collard leaf should have a strip missing from one edge to about midway through the leaf. View images below for detailed instructions.
- Place the first collard leaf on a clean surface. Place a spoonful of the coleslaw on the far edge of the leaf, where the stem has not been cut. Then, add a spoonful of meat, and top it with sprouts.
- Begin rolling, tucking in the sides to avoid filling from spilling out. View images below for detailed instructions.
- Once the wrap is rolled, insert 1 to 2 toothpicks on an angle, into the wrap, to hold it together for transport. This can be especially helpful if packing in your lunch.
- Repeat with remaining leaves and filling.
- Divide wraps into 4 servings, 4 wraps per serving, and enjoy!
Spread the love, earn karma points:
For potential leftovers, store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days.
Go to this post for a step-by-step on making the wraps.
The following recipe ingredients were provided by our friends at SPUD.ca – organic collards, green onions, red cabbage, and alfalfa sprouts. Get $20 off your first organic grocery delivery on SPUD.ca when you use the coupon code PURSUIT20.
I love ordering my organic groceries through SPUD.ca because by getting my groceries delivered, I don’t need to stress out at the grocery store every week! No lines, no carts, no parking, none of the stress. I simply order groceries every Monday evening, and they’re delivered to my door around 5pm every Wednesday! I know when the groceries are coming, I know that the box is going to be filled with my favorites, and that the quality is going to be there every time. For me, health is about convenience. And SPUD.ca makes maintaining my healthful lifestyle that much easier.
Nutrition Information Per Serving
- Calories: 609
- Calories from Fat: 450
- Total Fat: 50
- Saturated Fat: 12 g
- Trans Fat: 1.4 g
- Cholesterol: 116> mg
- Sodium: 540 mg
- Carbs: 6.2 g
- Dietary Fiber: 3.1 g
- Net Carbs: 3.1 g
- Sugars: 2.2 g
- Protein: 32.7 g