- 1 cup uncooked long grain brown rice
- 1 bunch of fresh kale, cleaned and de-stemmed
- 1 cup cooked chickpeas, or 1 15 oz. can
- 2 medium sweet potatoes, cut into bite size chunks
- sea salt, to taste
Creamy Almond Sauce
- 1/4 cup almond butter
- 1 clove of garlic, chopped
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger, chopped
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon wheat-free tamari, shoyu or soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon brown rice syrup
- a pinch of cayenne pepper (optional)
- water, to thin
- Preheat oven to 400F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper or silicon baking mat.
- Chop sweet potatoes into 1/4 inch chunks, sprinkle with sea salt and bake for 30 minutes.
- While sweet potatoes are baking, cook brown rice according to the instructions on the package.
- Blanch kale in boiling water for 3 minutes, remove kale from water with a slotted spoon and place kale in an ice water bath so it stops cooking. Drain and squeeze the water out, chop and set the kale aside.
- Prepare creamy almond sauce and set aside.
- When the rice and sweet potatoes are done you can start compiling your bowls. Each bowl should contain 1/2 cup brown rice, 1/2 cup blanched kale, 1/4 cup chickpeas, 1/2 cup roasted sweet potato chunks.
- Drizzle each bowl with some of the creamy sauce and enjoy!
Spread the love, earn karma points:
Nutrition Information Per Serving
- Calories: 443
- Calories from Fat: 101
- Total Fat: 11.2
- Saturated Fat: 1.2 g
- Sodium: 256 mg
- Carbs: 75.6 g
- Dietary Fiber: 8.3 g
- Net Carbs: 67.3 g
- Sugars: 5 g
- Protein: 12 g