- 1/4 cup raw whole flax seeds
- 6 cups water
- 5 pitted dates or 2 tablespoons of xylitol or 2-5 drops of alcohol-free stevia
- 2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- optional flavor boost: cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, cloves, or pumpkin spice
- optional nutrition boost: add 6 servings of primal defense probiotic powder, bone meal powder or a fine protein powder like unflavored rice protein or egg protein
- a nut milk bag
- Place flax seeds in the jug of your blender and add water. Blend on high for 1 minute until all seeds have been broken down. You want the pieces to be still visible as they’ll be filtered out a bit easier.
- Pull a nut milk bag over the top of the blender jug and slowly pour mixture into a large bowl.
- Squeeze out all of the liquid being careful not to squeeze too hard allowing the seed fiber to come through.
- Once all liquid has been extracted, pour the milk back into the blender jug.
- Add dates, vanilla and spices or supplements if using. Blend on high until dates are completely broken down, about 2 minutes.
- Remove the froth at the top by passing through a fine sieve or skim from the top with a spoon.
- Pour into an airtight jug. Will keep in the fridge for 3-5 days. Natural separation will occur, just shake it up before serving.
Spread the love, earn karma points:
Flaxseeds: Brown or golden flax will work fine. I used brown, but have read that golden will give off a much milder flavor.
Nutrition Information Per Serving
- Calories: 55
- Calories from Fat: 18
- Total Fat: 2
- Sodium: 7 mg
- Carbs: 7.4 g
- Dietary Fiber: 0.5 g
- Net Carbs: 6.9 g
- Sugars: 4.6 g
- Protein: 1.5 g