- 2 cup finely ground almond flour
- ¼ cup coconut sugar
- Zest from 2 lemons
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ cup coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 can of full-fat coconut milk, chilled overnight and drained of excess liquid
- ½ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoon shredded unsweetened coconut
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Combine dry ingredients in a small bowl. Then add wet. Stir with a spoon until fully incorporated.
- Press into 24 mini muffin cups and bake in preheated oven for 12-15 minutes or until lightly golden brown.
- Using the end of a wooden spoon handle, carefully press into center of each baked cookie to make a 1-inch wide indentation. Cool in the pan for 5 minutes, then gently remove the cups from the pan. Place cups on a cooling rack and allow to cool for 1 hour.
- In a medium chilled bowl, beat coconut milk and vanilla. Beat until frothy, about 2 minutes.
- Top each cookie cup with cream, sprinkle with coconut and serve.
Spread the love, earn karma points:
If you are allergic to nuts, use a sugar cookie recipe that does not contain nuts and add to the pan as instructed.
If you do not have coconut sugar, I’m sure other forms of sugar would work but I haven’t tried it.
These tarts store really well in the fridge. Place in an air-tight container. Can be stored for up to 5 days.
Nutrition Information Per Serving
- Calories: 110
- Calories from Fat: 84
- Total Fat: 9.4
- Saturated Fat: 4.6 g
- Sodium: 30 mg
- Carbs: 4.8 g
- Dietary Fiber: 1.3 g
- Net Carbs: 3.5 g
- Sugars: 2.5 g
- Protein: 2.2 g