- 1 cup sliced banana – approx. 2 small bananas
- 2 tablespoons grape seed oil
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cup roughly ground flax seed
- 6 tablespoons carob or cocoa powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Pinch sea salt
- 1 oz. melted gluten-free and dairy-free carob or chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 225F and take out two large baking sheets. Set aside.
- Mash banana with oil and extract until fully broken down and soupy.
- Add flax seed, carob powder, cinnamon and salt. Stir with a spoon until everything is combined well. The dough will be very firm, like cookie dough.
- Transfer to a large bowl.
- Grab a piece of parchment paper about 10 inches wide. Scoop ½ cup of the cracker dough, roll it between your hands to make a ball, then place on one side of the parchment, in the middle.
- Fold over the parchment (like a book) and then roll the dough between the two pieces of parchment until it’s about ¼-inch thick. Fold away the top half and cut or rip it away. Score the crackers into 1-inch cubes. Keeping the crackers on their current sheet of parchment, transfer the sheet to a baking sheet and repeat.
- Bake for 2 hours, flipping halfway through and removing the parchment paper. The baking time will vary greatly on how thick/thin you make the crackers. You want the end result to be crisp, crunchy with no moisture left.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool on the baking sheet for 15 minutes.
- Drizzle with melted carob or chocolate and allow to set for 30 minutes.
- Makes 75 crackers, 5 crackers per serving.
Spread the love, earn karma points:
Nutrition Information Per Serving
- Calories: 99
- Calories from Fat: 61
- Total Fat: 6.8
- Saturated Fat: 0.7 g
- Sodium: 18 mg
- Carbs: 10.2 g
- Dietary Fiber: 3.5 g
- Net Carbs: 6.7 g
- Sugars: 2.7 g
- Protein: 3.1 g