- 3 tablespoon hemp protein powder
- 1/4 cup egg whites or 1 medium free-range egg
- 1/2 large banana, divided
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil, melted
- 5-10 drops liquid stevia – see note
- 1/4 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- pinch ground nutmeg
- 1 tablespoon walnuts, chopped
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- Cut banana half in two. Thinly slice one portion and set aside and mash the other portion.
- Combine all ingredients but sliced banana in a small bowl and mix until fully incorporated.
- Drop mixture into a well oiled (I used a dab of extra virgin coconut oil) ~250mL (1 cup) oven safe ramekin. Top with banana slices.
- Place in the preheated oven and bake for 24-26 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. My cakes were done at the 25 minute mark.
Spread the love, earn karma points:
I have not tried to make this cake vegan, but many readers have told me that subbing out the egg white for a flax egg (1 tablespoon freshly ground flax + 2 tablespoon warm water mixed and allowed to sit for 5 minutes) works well in other versions of my protein cakes.
I like my cakes with 10 drops of stevia, but it really comes down to personal preference. If you don’t like stevia, 1 tablespoon of xylitol, coconut sugar, date sugar, etc will work, too.
Nutrition Information Per Serving
- Calories: 316
- Calories from Fat: 140
- Total Fat: 15.5
- Saturated Fat: 4.9 g
- Sodium: 117 mg
- Carbs: 22.4 g
- Dietary Fiber: 6.6 g
- Net Carbs: 15.8 g
- Sugars: 10.1 g
- Protein: 24.1 g