- ½ cup cocoa powder
- 1/3 cup milled flaxseed
- 3 teaspoons orange-flavored Natural Calm, optional
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 14 oz canned black beans, drained and rinsed well
- ¼ cup coconut oil
- ½ cup coconut nectar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup dark chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°F and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicon baking mat. Set aside.
- Add dry ingredients to a small bowl. Whisk to combine and set aside.
- Add wet ingredients to the bowl of your food processor or high-powered blender. Process on high for 2 minutes, until mixture is completely smooth.
- If using a food processor, add dry ingredients to wet and process for another 1 minute, until fully combined. If you’re using a blender, pour the wet ingredients into a large clean bowl, followed by the dry ingredients. Mix with a spatula until combined.
- If using a food processor, remove the blade and stir in chocolate chips. If in a bowl from the blended mix, stir in the chocolate chips.
- Scoop about 2 tablespoons at a time onto the prepared baking sheet, leaving 2 inches in between each cookie.
- Bake for 14–16 minutes, until tops are cracked and begin to crisp.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool on the sheet for 2 minutes. Transfer cookies to a cooling rack to cool completely, about 30 minutes.
Spread the love, earn karma points:
Honey – if honey is used, recipe is no longer vegan
Nutrition Information Per Serving
- Calories: 274
- Calories from Fat: 86
- Total Fat: 9.6
- Saturated Fat: 6.4 g
- Cholesterol: 2> mg
- Sodium: 168 mg
- Carbs: 39.8 g
- Dietary Fiber: 8.1 g
- Net Carbs: 31.7 g
- Sugars: 17.2 g
- Protein: 9.8 g