- 2 medium sweet potatoes
- 3 tablespoons dairy-free yogurt
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons maple syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon chopped fresh ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 tablespoons chopped raw pecans
- 1 tablespoon coconut sugar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons sorghum flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon gluten-free pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Begin by roasting 2 medium sweet potatoes. To do this, preheat your oven to 375F and place the sweet potatoes in the oven. Simple as that. Leave to cook for about 30-40 minutes, until potatoes are tender. To test, you can poke with a fork or butter knife. Once complete, remove from the oven and allow to cool for a couple of minutes.
- Reset oven to 350F and lightly oil a 4-cup casserole dish. Set aside.
- Remove the skin from the sweet potatoes.
- Keep the skin for later, it makes a fabulous snack with a sprinkle of sea salt. Trust me, it’s delicious!
- Place the peeled sweet potatoes in a medium sized bowl, add the remaining casserole ingredients and mash with a potato masher until fully incorporated.
- Spoon mixture into the prepared casserole dish and flatten with the end of a spoon. Set aside.
- Combine topping mixture in a small bowl.
- Stir to combine, then drop over top of the sweet potato mix.
- Place in the preheated oven for 40-45 minutes until the top is golden.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool for about 10-15 minutes before consuming.
Spread the love, earn karma points:
Nutrition Information Per Serving
- Calories: 256
- Calories from Fat: 42
- Total Fat: 4.7
- Saturated Fat: 0.5 g
- Sodium: 181 mg
- Carbs: 51.5 g
- Dietary Fiber: 6.9 g
- Net Carbs: 44.6 g
- Sugars: 6.1 g
- Protein: 3.3 g