- 2 cups roughly ground flaxseed
- ¼ cup birch-sourced xyltiol or 20-30 drops alcohol-free stevia
- 1 tablespoon gluten-free baking powder
- 2 tablespoons ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon Himalayan rock salt
- 5 large eggs
- ½ cup water, room temperature
- 1/3 cup MCT oil or melted coconut oil
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350F and line a 12-count muffin pan with non-bleached paper liners. Set aside.
- Combine flax seed with sweetener, baking powder, cinnamon and salt in a large bowl. Whisk to combine fully and set aside.
- Add eggs, water, oil and vanilla extract to the jug of your high-powered blender. Blend on high for 30 seconds, until foamy.
- Transfer liquid mixture to the bowl with the flaxseed mixture. Stir with a spatula, just until incorporated. The mixture will be very fluffy. Once incorporated, allow to sit for 3 minutes.
- Spoon mixture into prepared muffin pan, each cavity should be filled about 90% of the way up. The muffins will expand while baking so don’t fill to the very tops.
- Bake muffins for 13-15 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Remove from the oven and remove muffins from the cavities immediately and place on a cooling rack.
- Muffins can be toasted or frozen. Keeps in the fridge for 3-4 days or in the freezer for up to 3 months.
Spread the love, earn karma points:
Xylitol – I made this recipe with xylitol. Feel free to use whatever sugar you’d like to here. If you’re aiming for sugar-free, you could try stevia, too. If you aren’t sure free, maple syrup or coconut sugar would likely work. Add these sugars into the wet mixture while blending.
Eggs – if you have an egg allergy, I’ve been told that this format of recipe works really well with egg replacer but I have not tried it personally.
MCT Oil – you could use Alpha Energy; an MCT oil blend, or Bulletproof Brain Octane. If you do not have access or are not interested in using MCT oil, coconut oil would work well, too.
Nutrition Information Per Serving
- Calories: 203
- Calories from Fat: 128
- Total Fat: 14.2
- Saturated Fat: 7.7 g
- Cholesterol: 77> mg
- Sodium: 212 mg
- Carbs: 11.5 g
- Dietary Fiber: 5.7 g
- Net Carbs: 5.8 g
- Sugars: 0.5 g
- Protein: 6.1 g