- 1/4 cup cocoa or cacao powder
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon Himalayan rock salt
- 3 eggs
- 1/4 cup unpasteurized honey
- 1/4 cup melted coconut oil
- 2 tablespoon apple butter
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup finely shredded zucchini
- 1/4 cup dairy-free chocolate chips, cacao nibs, or carob chips
- Combine cocoa powder, coconut flour, baking soda, and salt in a large bowl. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, mix eggs, honey, oil, apple butter, and vanilla until incorporated.
- Pour the wet mixture into the dry and mix with a wooden spoon or spatula until just mixed.
- Before you add the zucchini, be sure to squeeze out additional moisture. This can be done by placing the zucchini in your hand and squeezing it, or wrapping it in a kitchen towel and ringing the zucchini out.
- Then, add zucchini and chocolate chips to the mix and stir until each piece of batter has a chocolate chip in it!
- Place 10 medium muffin liners in a muffin pan and spoon the mixture into each tin so they’re about 2/3 to 3/4 of the way full.
- Bake on the middle rack for 23-25 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool completely (about 1 hour) before serving.
Spread the love, earn karma points:
Nutrition Information Per Serving
- Calories: 93
- Calories from Fat: 62
- Total Fat: 6.9
- Saturated Fat: 1.8 g
- Cholesterol: 41> mg
- Sodium: 119 mg
- Carbs: 5.9 g
- Dietary Fiber: 1.4 g
- Net Carbs: 4.5 g
- Sugars: 3.1 g
- Protein: 2.4 g