- 2 granny smith apples, sliced – keep the peel on!
- 1/2 can organic full fat coconut milk
- 1/2 cup walnuts
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 2 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1/2 cup flax seed
- Organic real maple syrup
- Preheat oven to 350F
- In a food processor, combine walnuts, almond flour, cinnamon, and flax. Process until walnut pieces are small.
- Move mixture to a shallow bowl.
- Pour coconut milk into a shallow bowl.
- Drop all apple slices into the coconut milk.
- Remove 1 apple slice at a time from the coconut milk [doing this with a spoon works best so the mixture doesn’t get too wet] and drop in the walnut mixture.
- Place each slice on a parchment paper lined cookie sheet.
- Bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes, or until golden and crispy – mine took 17 minutes
- Serve with maple syrup
Spread the love, earn karma points:
Nutrition Information Per Serving
- Calories: 472
- Calories from Fat: 333
- Total Fat: 37.1
- Saturated Fat: 14.3 g
- Sodium: 16 mg
- Carbs: 22.7 g
- Dietary Fiber: 15.4 g
- Net Carbs: 7.3 g
- Sugars: 12.2 g
- Protein: 10.8 g