- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2-1/2 cups gluten-free chicken broth
- 2 cups unsweetened almond milk
- 1-1/2 cups risotto rice
- ½ cup white cooking wine
- 2 chicken breasts, cooked and cubed (yield 12 oz. cooked)
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh parsley
- Place olive oil in a large frying pan on medium heat. Add onion and garlic. Cook for up to 8 minutes, until onion is translucent.
- Meanwhile, heat chicken broth and almond milk in a medium-sized saucepan. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low and simmer.
- Add rice to onion mixture and stir for one minute.
- Add wine to pan to de-glaze. Cook until the wine has reduced completely.
- Add cooked and cubed chicken breast.
- Slowly add 1 cup of hot broth to the rice mixture. Bring mixture to a gentle boil, stirring occasionally until the broth is absorbed.
- Add another 1 cup broth, stir until absorbed.
- Add in ½ cup broth at a time allowing each portion to absorb before adding another. This process should take about 25 – 30 minutes.
- Once complete, risotto mixture should be tender. Stir in fresh parsley and serve.
- To store, place in an airtight container and store in the fridge for up to 3 days. Or, place in the freezer to extend lifetime, up to 2 months.
Spread the love, earn karma points:
Nutrition Information Per Serving
- Calories: 419
- Calories from Fat: 111
- Total Fat: 12.4
- Saturated Fat: 2.5 g
- Cholesterol: 76> mg
- Sodium: 550 mg
- Carbs: 42.8 g
- Dietary Fiber: 1.9 g
- Net Carbs: 40.9 g
- Sugars: 2 g
- Protein: 31.4 g