- 2½ cups raw almonds
- 2 tablespoons coconut nectar
- ¼ cup milled or ground flax seed
- 2 tablespoons ground cinnamon
- Flesh from 1 vanilla bean or ¼ teaspoon alcohol-free vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon Himalayan rock salt
- Grape seed oil, drizzle in as needed
- Preheat oven to 170F.
- Spread the almonds out onto the prepared baking sheet and mix with coconut nectar until all nuts are covered. Bake for 40 minutes, stirring once half way through.
- Remove from oven and add to the bowl of your food processor, setup with an “S” blade.
- Add remaining ingredients except oil.
- Process until drippy, scraping the bowl as needed. Drizzle in oil at the top of the processor throughout the process to help breakdown the nuts. This should take between 10-15 minutes.
Spread the love, earn karma points:
You may have to add a couple of tablespoons of oil if the nut butter isn’t breaking down easily. The amount will vary depending on the quality of your food processor and the nuts used. I use about 2 tablespoons in my nut butters. Any oil will do the trick, but I like to go with grapeseed oil as it has a light, natural taste to it. Feel free to use any liquid sweetener you have on hand. Maple syrup would work nicely, too.
Nutrition Information Per Serving
- Calories: 128
- Calories from Fat: 96
- Total Fat: 10.6
- Saturated Fat: 0.9 g
- Sodium: 39 mg
- Carbs: 5.5 g
- Dietary Fiber: 3.2 g
- Net Carbs: 2.3 g
- Sugars: 2.2 g
- Protein: 3.9 g