- 2 egg whites
- 2 cups unsweetened medium shredded coconut
- 10oz. (300g) medium strawberries, hulled and sliced in half
- 2 tablespoon demerara sugar
- 1 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil
- ¼ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- pinch sea salt
- ½ teaspoon balsamic vinegar
Chocolate Cheesecake Filling
- 3oz. premium dark chocolate – I used bakers brand
- ½ cup goat cream cheese
- ¼ cup goat milk
- shaved chocolate and shredded coconut
- Place chocolate for cheesecake filling in an oven safe dish and place on top of your oven. Keep it here to melt while baking the tarts and strawberries.
- To prepare the tart shells
- Preheat oven to 350F
- Add egg whites to coconut and stir until fully coated.
- Spray a muffin tin with non-stick cooking spray (or dab of coconut oil) and press a large spoonful of coconut mixture into each cup, pushing it evenly into the bottom and up the sides.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Let cool in muffin pan before removing and placing on a cooling rack until ready to use.
- To prepare the roasted strawberries
- Increase oven temperature to 375F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. You’ll want to use parchment for this as the strawberries get really juicy and sticky. Set aside.
- In a medium-sized mixing bowl, add sugar, oil, vanilla, and salt. Once completely mixed, add cut strawberries and coat.
- Place strawberries on prepared pan and roast for 20-25 minutes, until juices thicken but are not burnt.
- Remove the berries and juice from the pan while still warm. Place in a small bowl, stir in balsamic vinegar, and set aside.
- To prepare the chocolate cheesecake filling
- Place cream cheese and milk to a small bowl. Stir until incorporated.
- Add chocolate, stir again.
- Divide the cream cheese mixture evenly among the coconut cups. Top with roasted strawberries, extra coconut or chocolate shavings.
Spread the love, earn karma points:
Nutrition Information Per Serving
- Calories: 392
- Calories from Fat: 290
- Total Fat: 32.3
- Saturated Fat: 24.5 g
- Cholesterol: 24> mg
- Sodium: 154 mg
- Carbs: 21.8 g
- Dietary Fiber: 6.8 g
- Net Carbs: 15 g
- Sugars: 11 g
- Protein: 6.1 g