- 2/3 cup fresh orange juice
- 1/3 cup coconut sugar or demerara sugar or brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- ¼ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- 1 cup Happy Days Dairies Plain Goat Yogurt – see note
- 2 slices fresh orange, optional
- Dark chocolate shavings, optional
- In a small saucepan, add orange juice, sugar, cocoa powder and vanilla extract. Heat on medium-low heat, stirring constantly until sugar is dissolved. About 3 minutes.
- Set aside and allow to cool for a couple of minutes.
- Pour into the jug of your high-powered blender or food processor. Add chia seeds and yogurt. Blend on high for 30 seconds, until incredibly smooth.
- Transfer mixture to a bowl, cover and refrigerate overnight, for at least 12 hours.
- When serving, add orange slices and shaved chocolate, if desired.
Spread the love, earn karma points:
Yogurt: to make dairy-free or vegan, simply use your favorite non-dairy yogurt!
Nutrition Information Per Serving
- Calories: 290
- Calories from Fat: 73
- Total Fat: 8.1
- Saturated Fat: 4.3 g
- Cholesterol: 35> mg
- Sodium: 103 mg
- Carbs: 45.5 g
- Dietary Fiber: 3.9 g
- Net Carbs: 41.6 g
- Sugars: 38.8 g
- Protein: 10.8 g