- 1 1/2 cup dried unsweetened cranberries
- 1 cup toasted salt-free pistachio nuts
- 1/2 cup dried unsweetened cherries
- 1/2 cup chickpea flour
- 1/3 cup ground flax seed
- 1/4 cup hemp protein powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 3/4 cup prunes
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/2 apple – any kind will do the trick
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 cup coconut nectar
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- Preheat oven to 325F. Line an 8×8 pan with parchment paper across both sides for easy lifting. Set aside.
- Blend binding goodness ingredients until smooth. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together chickpea flour, protein powder, flax seed, baking soda, and salt. Stir in the cranberries, pistachios, and cherries. Make sure the nuts and dried fruit are completely coated with the flour mixture.
- Add the binding goodness mixture to the fruit and nut mixture and mix well. Spread into the 8×8 prepared pan, pressing with your fingers to even it out. If you don’t have a pastry roller, use a small medicine bottle to roll the bars as flat as possible.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes at 325F or until golden. [Mine took 34 minutes]
- Remove from the pan and allow to cool for 20 minutes before slicing with a sharp knife.
Spread the love, earn karma points:
Nutrition Information Per Serving
- Calories: 155
- Calories from Fat: 48
- Total Fat: 5.4
- Saturated Fat: 0.6 g
- Sodium: 55 mg
- Carbs: 22.8 g
- Dietary Fiber: 6.2 g
- Net Carbs: 16.6 g
- Sugars: 12.3 g
- Protein: 5.5 g