- 6 eggs
- 6 tablespoon coconut nectar – see note
- 1/4 cup non-dairy milk (I used unsweetened original almond milk)
- 2 tablespoon walnut oil *see note
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/2 cup coconut flour, sifted
- 6 tablespoon milled flax seed
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon gluten-free baking powder
- 1 cup fresh blueberries, washed and dried
- Preheat oven to 400F and place muffin liners in 12 muffin cups. Set aside.
- Combine wet ingredients in a medium-sized bowl.
- Sift dry ingredients into a small bowl. Add to wet ingredients and stir to combine.
- Mix in blueberries.
- Divide mixture into the 12 muffin liners.
- Bake for 16-18 minutes, or until toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Allow to cool for 5 minutes in the pan before removing and placing on a cooling rack.
Spread the love, earn karma points:
I’ve never had much success in making coconut flour based recipes, vegan/egg-free. They always turn out gooey and raw.
Feel free to use honey or raw agave instead of coconut nectar.
Any oil will do the trick – safflower, melted coconut, etc.
Nutrition Information Per Serving
- Calories: 90
- Calories from Fat: 45
- Total Fat: 5
- Saturated Fat: 1.4 g
- Cholesterol: 82> mg
- Sodium: 91 mg
- Carbs: 5.8 g
- Dietary Fiber: 3.1 g
- Net Carbs: 2.7 g
- Sugars: 1.7 g
- Protein: 4.9 g