- 1 cup water
- 2 tablespoon extra virgin coconut oil, melted
- 2 tablespoon maple syrup or other liquid sweetener
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- ½ cup garfava flour – see note
- ½ cup white rice flour
- 2 tablespoon ground flax seed
- 2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon Himalayan rock salt
- 1/3 cup fruit juice sweetened mixed berry jam
- 3 tablespoon unsweetened non-dairy milk
- 2 tablespoon coconut butter
- 1 cup fresh or frozen and thawed mixed berries
- To make nachos, preheat oven to 375F and line two 9-inch cake pans with parchment paper or coconut oil. Set aside.
- Combine water, coconut oil, maple syrup, and vanilla extract in a medium-sized bowl. Add dry ingredients, garfava flour, white rice flour, ground flax seed, cinnamon and salt, one by one and stir until lumps are gone.
- Pour mixture into prepared pans and cook for 22 minutes. Remove from the pan, cut into wedges and return to oven on a non-lined baking sheet for 5-10 minutes. 10 minutes will yield a crunchier breakfast nacho.
- Meanwhile, prepare nacho sauce in a small dish by combining jam and almond milk. Set aside.
- Once nachos are complete, portion out onto 4 plates. Drizzle each plate with nacho sauce, mixed berry toppings and “cheese”.
Spread the love, earn karma points:
Chickpea flour could be used instead of garfava. I haven’t tried the recipe with any other flours.
Nutrition Information Per Serving
- Calories: 328
- Calories from Fat: 126
- Total Fat: 14
- Saturated Fat: 10.1 g
- Sodium: 117 mg
- Carbs: 45.5 g
- Dietary Fiber: 7.2 g
- Net Carbs: 38.3 g
- Sugars: 17 g
- Protein: 5.1 g