- 12 strips of freshly smoked pork or beef bacon
- 12 dried figs
- 12 pistachio nuts, unsalted
- 12 basil leaves
- 12 spinach leaves
- Preheat oven to 400F
- Trim the stems from each fig.
- Cut a slit in each and open the two sides up like a book. Stuff with a pistachio nut, close up, and set aside.
- Cook strips of bacon on medium-low heat until fully cooked. You don’t want to over cook them or else you wont be able to roll them!
- Place one leaf of spinach and 1 leaf of fresh basil on the thicker end of the strip of bacon and place the stuffed fig on top. Begin to the fig up in the bacon until the seam of the bacon is at the bottom of the roll. I like using the thicker strip at the beginning so the roll looks nicer.
- Place seam side down in a casserole dish and bake in the oven for 10 minutes.
Spread the love, earn karma points:
To make ahead of time: Complete up to step 4, cover and refrigerate for up to 2 days until ready to eat.
Nutrition Information Per Serving
- Calories: 90
- Calories from Fat: 30
- Total Fat: 3.3
- Saturated Fat: 1 g
- Cholesterol: 7> mg
- Sodium: 156 mg
- Carbs: 12.9 g
- Dietary Fiber: 2.2 g
- Net Carbs: 10.7 g
- Sugars: 9.2 g
- Protein: 3.5 g