- 1/2 brick goat milk mozzarella cheese, cut into sticks and frozen overnight (to make dairy-free, replace the cheese with jicima or potatoes. Yes, it’s not cheese… but it’s still delicious!)
- 1/2 cup coconut oil or other frying oil
- 1/2 cup blanched finely ground almond flour
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1/8 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 egg
- Marinara or pasta sauce, optional for dipping
- Place cheese sticks in the freezer overnight, at least 12 hours.
- When you’re ready to cook, add the oil to a medium-sized frying pan and heat on medium-high heat.
- Meanwhile, combine almond flour, seasoning and salt on a plate. Set aside.
- Crack egg into a bowl and whip with a fork for 1 minute.
- One at a time, take a frozen cheese stick and cover it in egg. Then, transfer over to the almond flour mixture and coat the stick in batter. Make sure that it’s well coated. Set on a clean plate and repeat with remaining frozen cheese sticks.
- Place completed sticks into preheated oil and fry for 10-15 seconds per side. When they’re golden all over, transfer to a cooling rack to allow the excess oil to drip off.
- Serve immediately. With dip or on it’s own.
Spread the love, earn karma points:
Nutrition Information Per Serving
- Calories: 430
- Calories from Fat: 321
- Total Fat: 35.7
- Saturated Fat: 22.4 g
- Cholesterol: 126> mg
- Sodium: 548 mg
- Carbs: 5 g
- Dietary Fiber: 0.8 g
- Net Carbs: 4.2 g
- Sugars: 1.3 g
- Protein: 23.8 g