Blueberry Quinoa Flake Bake
- ¼ cup unsweetened apple sauce
- 1 egg – see note
- ½ cup quinoa flakes
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- 2 tablespoons cashews, soaked for a couple of minutes to soften
- 1 teaspoon coconut nectar
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- zest from ½ lemon
- ½ teaspoon alcohol-free gluten-free vanilla extract
- Prepare a 16oz. microwave/oven safe dish by oiling with a dab of coconut oil. Set aside. Drop all ingredients in a small bowl and mix until fully incorporated. Press mixture into prepare dish and even out with fork.
- Microwave option: Place in the microwave and cook for 3 minutes. You’ll know when it’s done when it rises slightly, is harder to the touch, and pulls away from the sides of the dish. Don’t bake it too long, or you’ll have a Frisbee!
- Oven option: Place in a preheated oven at 350F and bake for 25-30 minutes, or until toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Allow to rest for 1 minute before tipping over onto a plate and smothering with lemon cream. Or, serve in the dish as I did with this version.
- Place all ingredients in a small blender and blend until smooth.
Spread the love, earn karma points:
Nutrition Information Per Serving
- Calories: 437
- Calories from Fat: 142
- Total Fat: 15.8
- Saturated Fat: 3 g
- Cholesterol: 164> mg
- Sodium: 71 mg
- Carbs: 61 g
- Dietary Fiber: 7.4 g
- Net Carbs: 53.6 g
- Sugars: 18.5 g
- Protein: 15.4 g