- 8 cups gluten-free brown rice cereal (use crispy rice, NOT puffed!)
- ¼ cup ground flax seed
- 1 cup brown rice syrup
- 2/3 cup unsweetened sunflower seed butter
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Lightly oil a 9×13 pan with whatever oil you have on hand. Coconut oil, safflower, sunflower, or vegan butter spread, would work well. Set aside.
- Place brown rice cereal and ground flax seed in a large bowl. Stir to combine and set aside.
- In a medium-sized sauce pan or frying pan, add rice syrup, sunflower seed butter and vanilla extract. Heat over medium heat, stirring often, until ingredients have liquified, about 5 minutes.
- Pour syrup over rice crisp mixture and stir to coat.
- Once all crisps have been coated, drop the mixture into the prepared pan and even it out with a spatula, pressing down firmly.
- Allow to sit for 1 hour in the refrigerator before cutting into squares.
Spread the love, earn karma points:
Nutrition Information Per Serving
- Calories: 146
- Calories from Fat: 47
- Total Fat: 5.2
- Saturated Fat: 0.5 g
- Sodium: 74 mg
- Carbs: 24 g
- Dietary Fiber: 0.9 g
- Net Carbs: 23.1 g
- Sugars: 10.4 g
- Protein: 3.4 g