- 2 cup finely shredded medium unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup almond flour – see note
- 1/2 cup unpasteurized honey
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper or silicon baking mat.
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl and mix until combined.
- Grab about 1/4 cup of mixture with hands and press together, flattening out like the mud pies you may have made as a kid with the mud in your backyard (I swear these cookies will taste better!)
- Place on prepared baking sheet and bake for 15-20minute, or until golden. Mine were perfect at 17 minutes.
Spread the love, earn karma points:
If you are sensitive to almonds, you could replace the almond flour with other ground nuts or seeds. Loosely ground flax seed may also be used – I would reduce by 30%. Alternatively, you could try oat flour, or just add additional shredded coconut. I have not tried any of these variations, so I can’t be 100% sure of the outcome.
Nutrition Information Per Serving
- Calories: 196
- Calories from Fat: 100
- Total Fat: 11.1
- Saturated Fat: 6.5 g
- Cholesterol: 47> mg
- Sodium: 23 mg
- Carbs: 22.2 g
- Dietary Fiber: 2.6 g
- Net Carbs: 19.6 g
- Sugars: 18.8 g
- Protein: 3.6 g