A simple 4-ingredient salmon recipe that takes just minutes to prepare and will satisfy everyone… even if they don’t like salmon!
It’s rare that Kevin and I go a week without preparing a meal for the ones we love. When I heard about Food Revolution Day; a day dedicated to celebrating healthy homemade food with friends and family, I wanted to be a part of it.
To celebrate, we invited our neighbors over for a feast of combined eating styles. Some of us were gluten-free, others diabetic, there were kids, adults, people that liked fish, didn’t like fish, raw vegetable lovers, cooked vegetable haters, a good mix.
It was a straight-up potluck party… with a bit too much wine ;)
For the kids, we prepared rubbed sage pork burgers with carrot sticks, steamed broccoli, and a bit of ketchup on the side for dipping. The burgers were a breeze, and a step away from the norm when I chose to use ground pork instead of beef.
For the adults, we had a mix of sauteed greens, roasted vegetables (with rutabaga instead of potatoes), sauteed garlic broccolini and maple salmon.
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 onion, sliced thinly
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 6 salmon steaks (approximately 100 grams each)
- salt and pepper
- Add coconut oil to a large frying pan and melt on medium heat. Reduce heat to low and add onions. Cover and caramelize for 20 minutes, rotating halfway through.
- Add maple syrup, coating all of the onions.
- Add salmon, sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Increase heat to medium, cover and cook for 10 minutes, until salmon is cooked through.
View nutrition information (once on page, scroll down)
Everything was simple, delicious, and made with similar ingredients to avoid over complicating the menu.
And the maple salmon, the maple salmon! Even the salmon haters enjoyed it.
Food Revolution Day was a success!
This post was sponsored by Sobeys. All opinions expressed herein are those of Healthful Pursuit Inc. and are not indicative of the positions or opinions of Sobeys. Thank you for supporting the brands that I choose to feature here.