- 1 cup quinoa, rinsed
- 2 cups filtered water
- 1/2 papaya, peeled, seeded and diced (reserve the seeds)
- 2 kiwis, peeled and diced
- 1/4 cup raw pecans, chopped
- 1 tablespoon raw pumpkin seeds
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1/4 cup papaya seeds
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 teaspoon gluten-free Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon raw unpasteurized honey
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon rind
- 1/4 teaspoon herbamare
- 1/8 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Place quinoa and water in small saucepan and bring to boil. Reduce heat, cover and simmer until all water is absorbed, about 10-15 minutes. Remove from heat and keep covered while you work away at the rest of your salad. You can cook quinoa ahead of time if you’d rather use it cold.
- While quinoa is cooking, prepare and mix all the ingredients of the salad in a large mixing bowl.
- In a food processor or blender, purée all the dressing ingredients until smooth.
- Combine salad fixings with quinoa and pour dressing over top. Stir to combine.
- You can serve immediately or allow to chill in the refrigerator for 2-3 hours. Store the leftovers in an airtight container. Will keep in the fridge for 3 days.
Spread the love, earn karma points:
Nutrition Information Per Serving
- Calories: 210
- Calories from Fat: 53
- Total Fat: 5.9
- Saturated Fat: 0.7 g
- Sodium: 103 mg
- Carbs: 36.7 g
- Dietary Fiber: 3.4 g
- Net Carbs: 33.3 g
- Sugars: 16.3 g
- Protein: 5.1 g