- 24 organic strawberries, crushed
- Juice from 2 lemons
- 16 drops of alcohol-free stevia, optional
- 2 liters (quarts) mineral water
- 48 basil leaves, washed and stems removed and divided
- 2 cups ice cubes
- Place strawberries in a large bowl and crush with a potato masher. You don’t need to go to town on them, just enough to break them up so that they can fit through a straw. Add lemon juice, stir and set aside. If you’ve decided to sweeten it up, add the stevia at this step.
- Place 24 basil leaves into the mineral water and allow to soak for 6-8 hours. If you’re skipping this step, that’s fine. You’ll need half the basil leaves.
- When ready to assemble, add 2 spoonfuls of strawberry puree to the bottom of 8 glasses. Add 2 fresh basil leaves (not the ones that were used to soak), and a couple of ice cubes. Pour mineral water over top and serve with pink paper straws.
Spread the love, earn karma points:
If you’re in a pinch, everything can be assembled right on the fly. However, I like to soak the basil leaves in the mineral water to make the flavor punch!
Nutrition Information Per Serving
- Calories: 12
- Calories from Fat: 1
- Total Fat: 0.1
- Sodium: 2 mg
- Carbs: 2.9 g
- Dietary Fiber: 0.8 g
- Net Carbs: 2.1 g
- Sugars: 1.8 g
- Protein: 0.3 g