- 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/3 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- ¾ cup gluten-free all-purpose flour
- ½ tablespoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon sea salt
- ½ cup goat milk
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon goat yogurt
- 1 tablespoon fresh savory, roughly chopped
- 75 grams lemon pepper soft goat cheese
- Preheat oven to 400F and line a 6-cup muffin tin with muffin papers, or oil well with olive oil. Set aside.
- Add olive oil, onions and garlic to a small saucepan. Sauté on high heat for 5 minutes, until golden. Set aside.
- Meanwhile, whisk together milk, egg and yogurt in a large bowl.
- Then, combine flour, baking powder, salt and pepper in a small bowl and mix with a fork to combine.
- Add dry mixture to wet and stir with a fork until just combined. Fold in cooked onion mixture and savory.
- Divide batter into prepared muffin tips, press 1 teaspoon of cheese in the middle of each muffin, and bake for 20-22 minutes, or until toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Allow to cool for 10 minutes before digging in!
Spread the love, earn karma points:
Nutrition Information Per Serving
- Calories: 165
- Calories from Fat: 75
- Total Fat: 8.3
- Saturated Fat: 4.1 g
- Cholesterol: 40> mg
- Sodium: 212 mg
- Carbs: 15 g
- Dietary Fiber: 1 g
- Net Carbs: 14 g
- Sugars: 0.7 g
- Protein: 7.3 g