- ½ cup raw cashews
- ½ cup raw almonds
- 20 (290 grams) pitted medjool dates
Lemon Whipped Topping
- 1 cup raw cashews, soaked for 2 hours, drained and rinsed
- Juice from 2 lemons
- Zest from 3 lemons
- ¼ cup coconut nectar
- 2 tablespoon water
- 2 teaspoon coconut oil, room temperature
- flesh from 1 vanilla bean
- 500mL coconut cream, chilled
- ¼ cup dehydrated, unsweetened coconut chips, for garnish
- extra lemon zest, for garnish
- To make the base, in a food processor, chop cashews and almonds until chunky.
- Add dates to the food processor and pulse until they’re broken down.
- Press date mixture into an 8×8 pan and place in the freezer.
- To make the whipped topping, combine cashews, juice, zest, coconut nectar, water, coconut oil, and vanilla flesh in the bowl of your food processor.
- Process mixture until smooth, about 2 minutes.
- Add coconut cream. Process until combined and smooth.
- Pour whipped topping over prepared base. Cover and place in the fridge to set overnight.
- The next day, cut into 16 squares and serve.
- Keep leftovers in original pan, covered and in the fridge. Will last up to a week.
Spread the love, earn karma points:
Nutrition Information Per Serving
- Calories: 253
- Calories from Fat: 153
- Total Fat: 17
- Saturated Fat: 9.2 g
- Sodium: 13 mg
- Carbs: 24.9 g
- Dietary Fiber: 3.1 g
- Net Carbs: 21.8 g
- Sugars: 15.9 g
- Protein: 4.2 g