- 1/2 cup raw buckwheat groats
- 1/2 cup raw red quinoa
- 3 cups vegetable broth (or 3 cups water and 1 vegetable bouillon cube)
- 2 cups curly parsley, chopped finely
- 2 cups cooked chickpeas
- 3 tomatoes, chopped
- 1 English cucumber, chopped
- 2 red peppers, chopped
- 6 green onion, chopped
- 1/4 red onion, chopped
- 3 avocados
- 2 tablespoon lemon juice
- Himalayan rock salt + pepper, to taste
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon Himalayan rock salt
- black pepper, to taste
- Prepare the quinoa + buckwheat: place in a pot with 3 cups vegetable broth. Cover, bring to a boil, reduce heat, and let simmer for 25-30 minutes, until tender. Remove from heat and remove lid. Allow to cool.
- Meanwhile, finely chop all the vegetables but avocado and place into a large bowl with chickpeas. Set aside.
- Mash avocado in a small bowl with 2 tablespoon of lemon juice. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine all dressing ingredients and stir until combined.
- Once cooled, add quinoa and buckwheat to vegetable bowl. Pour on the dressing and stir well.
- To make verrines: layer a bowl or parfait cup with avocado + salad until desired serving is made.
Spread the love, earn karma points:
White would work too, I just love the color the red quinoa brought to the dish.
Instead of making avocado layer, you can opt to cube your avocado and add to the salad.
Nutrition Information Per Serving
- Calories: 476
- Calories from Fat: 283
- Total Fat: 31.5
- Saturated Fat: 4 g
- Sodium: 540 mg
- Carbs: 35.8 g
- Dietary Fiber: 14.1 g
- Net Carbs: 21.7 g
- Sugars: 6.5 g
- Protein: 13 g