- 1 cup hazelnuts, skins removed
- ½ cup coconut cream *see note
- 2 tablespoons coconut nectar
- 3 teaspoons Natural CALM Orange Flavor, optional
- 300 grams dark chocolate (dairy-free), melted
- To remove the skins from the hazelnuts, bring 3 cups of water to a boil. Add 4 tablespoons of baking soda and the nuts and boil them for 3 minutes. The water will turn black from the nut skins. Rinse the nuts well under cold running water, using your fingers to remove the skins.
- Then, add hazelnuts, coconut cream, coconut nectar and Natural CALM to the jug of your high-powered blender. Blend on high until smooth, about 2 minutes. Transfer to a bowl and set aside.
- Using a small silicon ice cube tray or candy tray, fill the tray up with melted chocolate, about 1/3 way up each cup. Then, add a 1/3 of the hazelnut mix. Top with another 1/3 of melted chocolate.
- You will likely make a mess here. Scrape the tops of the trays to remove excess ingredients.
- Transfer tray to the freezer and freeze for one hour, until hardened.
- Remove each of the truffles from the freezer and enjoy!
Spread the love, earn karma points:
Coconut cream: to prepare coconut cream, purchase a full-fat coconut milk (canned) and place in the fridge for at least 12 hours. Open the top of the can and remove the thick cream.
Nutrition Information Per Serving
- Calories: 102
- Calories from Fat: 61
- Total Fat: 6.8
- Saturated Fat: 3.8 g
- Sodium: 11 mg
- Carbs: 9.2 g
- Dietary Fiber: 0.8 g
- Net Carbs: 8.4 g
- Sugars: 7.8 g
- Protein: 1.5 g