- 5 cups chopped kale
- 2 cups finely chopped broccoli florets
- ¾ cup thinly sliced scallions
- 1 medium carrot, peeled and shredded
- ¼ cup pumpkin seeds
- Handful of sprouts (alfalfa, broccoli, etc.)
- ½ medium ripe avocado, pitted
- ½ cup unsweetened non-dairy milk (I use homemade almond milk)
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons coconut nectar or 2 medjool dates *see note
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- Sea salt and black pepper, to taste
- In a large bowl, combine the kale, broccoli, scallions, and carrot. Reserve the pumpkin seeds and sprouts for garnish.
- Now, make the dressing by scooping the avocado flesh into a blender or food processor. Add the milk, lemon juice, coconut nectar (or medjool dates), vinegar, olive oil, and mustard.
- Pour the dressing over the salad and toss to coat thoroughly. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Garnish plates of the salad with the sprouts and pumpkin seeds.
Spread the love, earn karma points:
Coconut Nectar – to make this recipe comply with Vibrant Life Cleanse Program, swap out the coconut nectar for pitted medjool dates.
Nutrition Information Per Serving
- Calories: 301
- Calories from Fat: 179
- Total Fat: 19.9
- Saturated Fat: 8.7 g
- Sodium: 88 mg
- Carbs: 28.8 g
- Dietary Fiber: 6.1 g
- Net Carbs: 22.7 g
- Sugars: 11.9 g
- Protein: 7.7 g