- 4 eggs
- 1 tablespoon grape seed oil
- ¼ cup Natural Vitality Plant-Sourced Minerals liquid concentrate
- 40 grams fresh spinach (about ½ cup packed)
- 2 tablespoons honey
- ¼ cup arrowroot starch
- ¼ cup coconut flour
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- pinch sea salt
- 2/3 cup diced granny smith apple (about 1 medium-sized apple)
Caramel Nut Topping
- 2 tablespoons smooth nut or seed butter (I used tahini)
- 1 tablespoon honey
- ¼ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons raw walnut pieces
- Preheat oven to 350F and line a 6-tin muffin pan with paper liners. Set aside.
- Add wet ingredients to the jug of your blender, blend for 30 seconds.
- Add dry ingredients and blend for 15 seconds. Turn off the blender and let the mixture sit for 2 minutes.
- Drop in apples and swish around in the jug. Do not blend!
- Pour mixture into prepared muffin pan.
- Bake in preheated oven for 22-25minutes, until toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven and immediately remove the cupcakes from the pan and set on a cooling rack to cool completely.
- Once cooled, add nut butter, honey and vanilla to a small frying pan. Heat on medium-low, stirring constantly until bubbles form. Continue to heat for another 10 seconds. Then, drizzle over top of the cupcakes. Immediately top with walnut pieces.
Spread the love, earn karma points:
Natural Vitality Plant-Sourced Minerals – is a mineral liquid concentrate. It has a very watery consistency. Although I haven’t tried it, if you do not have plant-sourced minerals on hand, it could likely be replaced with apple juice.
Apple pieces – float to the bottom of the cupcakes which we loved! If you don’t have apples, they’re not 100% required for this recipe. If you want to omit them, go for it! You could replace it with ½ teaspoon of vanilla extract.
Nutrition Information Per Serving
- Calories: 187
- Calories from Fat: 90
- Total Fat: 10
- Saturated Fat: 1.7 g
- Cholesterol: 109> mg
- Sodium: 154 mg
- Carbs: 19.5 g
- Dietary Fiber: 2.9 g
- Net Carbs: 16.6 g
- Sugars: 10.5 g
- Protein: 6.1 g