- 3 tablespoons all-purpose gluten-free flour
- 1 kg (approximately 16) boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 5 slices beef, pork or turkey bacon, cooked until crispy and crumbled into small pieces
- 12 oz. gluten-free beer (this is my favorite gluten-free beer to cook with)
- ½ cup gluten-free chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons barbecue sauce
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon water
- 2 teaspoons tapioca starch or arrowroot starch
- Place flour in a large bowl and add chicken thighs to it, toss around, until all pieces are coated.
- Lay the thighs in the bottom of your slow cooker.
- Combine bacon pieces, beer, broth, barbecue sauce and spices in a medium-sized bowl. Stir to mix. Then, pour over the chicken in the slow cooker.
- Cover with the lid and cook on Low for 8 to 9 hours or High for 4 to 4-1/2 hours.
- Once complete, combine water and starch in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Remove chicken with a slotted spoon and place in a bowl. Cover with foil to keep warm.
- Stir starch mixture in with leftover chicken liquids. Whisk until combined. Cover and cook, on Low, for 15 minutes.
- Drizzle the gravy over the chicken and serve.
Spread the love, earn karma points:
Flour: to keep paleo and low-carb, use almond flour!
Nutrition Information Per Serving
- Calories: 407
- Calories from Fat: 138
- Total Fat: 15.3
- Saturated Fat: 4.4 g
- Cholesterol: 156> mg
- Sodium: 519 mg
- Carbs: 8.2 g
- Sugars: 1.5 g
- Protein: 51.8 g