- 1 1/2 cups garfava flour
- 4 1/2 teaspoons gluten-free baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 3/4 cup not from concentrate apple juice
- 1/2 cup + 1 tablespoon unsweetened apple sauce
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 cup + 1 tablespoon unrefined walnut oil
Apple Pie Filling
- 1 teaspoon unrefined walnut oil
- 2 apples, diced small and skin left on
- 1 tablespoon coconut sugar
- 1 heaping teaspoon ground cinnamon
Dairy-free Cream “Cheese” Frosting
- 1 cup cashews, soaked for 30 minutes and drained
- 3 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup ground coconut sugar
- 2 teaspoon gluten-free pure vanilla extract
To prepare cupcakes:
- Preheat oven to 325F and line a 12 cup muffin pan with muffin liners. Set aside.
- Combine dry ingredients in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Whisk wet ingredients together in a large bowl.
- Add dry ingredients to wet and mix until incorporated.
- Divide batter into prepared muffin cups.
- Bake in preheated oven for 30-35 minutes, or until toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Allow cupcakes to cool in the pan for 1 minute before removing from the pan and placing on a cooling rack to cool.
To prepare apple filling:
- Add oil to a medium-sized frying pan. Heat on medium heat.
- Add remaining ingredients and saute for 8-10 minutes until apples are crisp tender.
- Remove from heat and set aside.
To prepare frosting:
- Add all ingredients to a small food processor or blender.
- Blend until smooth.
To assemble cupcakes:
- To insert the apple pie filling, use a melon baller to scoop out a circle of cake from the top of each cupcake. Drop a tablespoon or so of apple pie filling into the hole of each cupcake and press the mixture gently so that it’s flush with the top of the cake.
- Drop a dollop of frosting onto each cupcake and smooth with an icing knife.
Spread the love, earn karma points:
Nutrition Information Per Serving
- Calories: 291
- Calories from Fat: 96
- Total Fat: 10.7
- Saturated Fat: 1.7 g
- Cholesterol: 41> mg
- Sodium: 222 mg
- Carbs: 45.5 g
- Dietary Fiber: 3 g
- Net Carbs: 42.5 g
- Sugars: 31.2 g
- Protein: 7.1 g