- 2 cups strawberries, sliced (or any local fruit)
- 1 tablespoon raw, organic honey
- ½ cup water
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- Add strawberries, honey and water to a small saucepan. Bring to a boil, uncovered, on medium-high heat.
- Once boiling, reduce heat to medium and add chia seeds. Continue to lightly boil, uncovered, for 5 minutes, stirring every minute or so.
- Transfer mixture to a jar and allow jam to cool on the counter. Use right away or cover and refrigerate overnight to thicken completely.
Spread the love, earn karma points:
To keep recipe vegan, an alternative sugar, such as agave nectar, coconut nectar or coconut sugar, can be used in place of the honey.
Nutrition Information Per Serving
- Calories: 37
- Calories from Fat: 12
- Total Fat: 1.4
- Sodium: 12 mg
- Carbs: 5.2 g
- Dietary Fiber: 2.2 g
- Net Carbs: 3 g
- Sugars: 3.9 g
- Protein: 1 g