There’s nothing better than a soft, perfectly baked cookie.
I say this with loads of experience in eating over cooked, practically burnt cookies.
My Mom, bless her heart, would make us chocolate chip cookies all the time. The only problem was, she had no idea how to make them.
They’d come out hard as a rock, black on the bottom, and flat as can be.
I have great memories of my sister and I dressing up in my Dad’s suits and pretending we were Men in Black fighting aliens with our chocolate chip cookie disc weapons.
Thankfully, Enjoy Life soft baked cookies are nothing at all like alien weapons.
They’re so deliciously soft and perfectly sized.
Kevin and I spent the evening last week taste testing these little morsels of goodness that Alina at Enjoy Life was kind enough to send us.
What did we think?
no-oats “oatmeal”: 3 cookies out of 4.
Kevin doesn’t like raisins, so I was alone on this one. I believe they use rice flakes as a replacement for oats [I love this trick in the kitchen!] and it works out quite nicely. I would have liked to see more currants because I loooove currants, but there was a healthy amount of them.
double chocolate brownie: 2 cookies out of 4.
The taste is fantastic. There are little bits of chocolate chips in each cookie that makes it that much more enjoyable. The flavor was good, but I’m not a huge chocolate fan, so it left something to be desired for me. Kevin was on the fence about them too, so we gave it a 2 out of 4.
snickerdoodle: 4 cookies out of 4.
I practically had to peel the box from Kevin’s hands. He definitely would have eaten them all in one sitting if I hadn’t stopped him. These are our favorite. Although they’re a bit softer than a regular snickerdoodle and don’t have quite the same taste, they are still fantastic. You’ll get no complaints from us!
Why we love Enjoy Life
I remember finding Enjoy Life a couple of months after beginning my gluten free journey. The first thing I tried was their Cinnamon Crunch granola [delicious!] and it quickly moved on to their cookies, cereals, bars, and trail mixes.
I’ve been baking with Enjoy Life products for awhile and love the results, a couple of my favorites are:
and last but not least, carrot and apple breakfast cake
I was intrugued by this company because:
- Their products are free of wheat, dairy, peanuts, tree nuts, egg, soy, fish, shellfish, and many are also free of potatoes, sesame, sulfites, and casein.
- They have an awesome social media presence on Facebook and Twitter
- Kosher and gluten-free certified
- The ingredients that they use are free of GMOs
- Each of their products are free of artificial ingredients and trans fats
Ingredients in the snickerdoodle cookies:
Sorghum Flour, Brown Pure Cane Sugar, Date Paste, Expeller-Pressed Vegetable Oil (Safflower Oil and/or Sunflower Oil), Grape, Apple & Pear Juice Concentrates, Natural Rice Dextrin, Water, Ground Flaxseed, Vanilla, Baking Soda, Xanthan Gum, Salt, Cinnamon, Rosemary Extract
Compare that to typical ingredients found in other store bought snickerdoodles:
Enriched Flour Bleached, Sugar, Partially Hydrogenated Soybean/Cottonseed Oil, Corn Syrup, Baking Soda, Baking Powder, Salt, Corn Starch, Artificial Flavor
All in all, Enjoy Life foods are a much healthier alternative to other store bought brands!
*All of the opinions above are my own and were not influenced by Enjoy Life*
Okay, okay, I’ll get to the giveaway already!
In addition to the boxes we received, Alina has offered to send 1 lucky reader 3 boxes of their own!
Enter for a chance to win
- 3 boxes of Enjoy Life soft baked cookies: 1 snickerdoodle, 1 double chocolate brownie, 1 no-oats “oatmeal”
In order to qualify, #1 must be done, then it’s up to you how many entries you want to submit, up to a total of 5.
Check out the ways you can earn entries:
- Mandatory entry: What’s your favorite cookie in the whole wide world?
- Add me to your blogroll
- Link back to this giveaway from your blog
- Tweet it: You could say something like: @be_healthful is hosting a cookie GIVEAWAY – chance to win a bunch of healthy cookies! Enter at http://bit.ly/hfstOI
- Facebook it: You could say something like: Cookie GIVEAWAY – enter for a chance to win a bunch of healthy cookies! Check it out http://bit.ly/hfstOI
Please leave a *separate comment* for each entry!
The giveaway will be open until Tuesday, April 19 with the winner announced on Wednesday, April 20.
And… go!! [Good luck ]
PS: Canadian + US citizens only