- 4 zucchinis, nibby ends removed
- 2 cups sun dried tomatoes soaked in 1 cup boiling water
- 2 fresh tomatoes – I used hot house
- 1/2 cup packed fresh basil leaves, stems removed
- 1/2 cup nutritional yeast + extra for garnish
- 1/4 medium onion, diced – yield 1/4 cup
- 1/4 cup walnuts, roughly chopped + extra for garnish
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon Himalayan rock salt, or to taste
- freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Soak sun dried tomatoes in boiling water for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine all ingredients but walnuts in the bowl of your food processor.
- When the tomatoes are done soaking, add them to the bowl with the 1 cup of soaking water.
- Process the tomato mixture for 2 minutes, or until smooth. Remove bowl from machine and stir in chopped walnuts.
- To make the pasta, cut zucchini in half vertically and use spiral slicer to make long strands. If you don’t have a spiral slicer, you can shred with a food processor or hand held grater.
- Divide zucchini among 4 plates and top with sauce + extra walnuts.
Spread the love, earn karma points:
You can add olive oil to this recipe, about 2 tablespoon would be good. I didn’t feel it was needed, but the option is there!
- Calories: 492
- Calories from Fat: 131
- Total Fat: 14.6
- Saturated Fat: 0.9 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
- Sodium: 490 mg
- Carbs: 70 g
- Dietary Fiber: 24.9 g
- Sugars: 31.1 g
- Protein: 39.1 g