Find Gluten-free Recipes with Ease!

by Leanne Vogel (Healthful Pursuit) on January 8, 2013

Browse-Recipes

I had a recipe page that displayed a thumbnail of each recipe and categorized them into groups, but many of you said that this page fell short of it’s purpose. With over 520 recipes now on the blog, you asked for a way to browse recipes with ease, without having to click through multiple pages.

Whether you’re looking for a recipe based on a specific allergen, ingredient or just want to browse around for awhile, the massive project that Kevin and I have been working on for the past month will (hopefully) be the answer to your recipe woes.

Browse-Recipes2

When you check out this new page, let me know what you think! I want this page to work for you. If there’s something that can still be improved, let me know by leaving a comment or sending me an email.

To get to the new page

Hover over RECIPES on the top navigation bar.

Select ALL RECIPES

Recipes-1ab

You’ll be taken to a page that allows you to view recipes based on their categories.

Recipes-2a

When you’ve found the category that interests you, HOVER over it and it will change colors like this:

Recipes-3a

CLICK your selection and you’ll be taken to a page that displays all of the recipes in that category, all on one page.

Each recipe comes with it’s own image and title so you’ll know what you’re looking at. When you’re ready to go back to the categories, just select, BACK TO RECIPES.

Recipes-4final

And, if you’re looking for a recipe using specific ingredients, try selecting SEARCH from the top navigation bar.

Recipes-1search

You’ll be taken to a page that displays all recipes (this is not new). If you scroll halfway down the page, you’ll be able to search using keywords or ingredients.

recipes-5

And there you have it! I’m hoping that these changes will make it easier for you to search through my recipes and find just what you were looking for.

If you like these new changes and think that your friends would benefit, it would be awesome of you to pass it on by tweeting about it or sharing on Facebook. All you have to do is click those links and your tweet or Facebook share will auto populate.

Thanks for sharing the (healthy recipe) love and I really hope you enjoy this new feature on the blog!

Wahoooo for finally being finished this project Leanne! I know how hard you and Kevin worked on it, and you must feel so relieved and satisfied now that it’s done. And now… I’m off to browse some recipes! :)

Whoop! *does the happy dance*

Sonnet

The new recipe pages are beautiful! I know projects like this can be incredibly time consuming, but it looks like this was definitely worth it!

Thanks Sonnet! I’m happy that you think so :) Yes, it took a long, long time but the payoff was definitely worth it all.

Gina @ Running to the Kitchen

I know how cubersome that project can be…It’s been almost a year and I STILL haven’t gotten all my recipes into recipage! The new layout looks great!

I’m right there with you with inputting my recipes into Google. It’s so cumbersome no matter how you approach it. Recipage was the same. This project required me to create a new thumbnail for all of my 660+ blog posts. Makes me cringe just thinking about it. But hey, it’s done now! Woohoo!

Paula

Hello Leanne
Just wanted to comment on your site for the first time, came across it while looking for gluten free recipes to try.
Your blog and photos are amazing and I can’t wait to try some of your recipes, only thing is I live in Australia so I am looking at summer recipes and your in the middle of winter….but that’s ok!
Look forward to reading more….

Hi Paula – thanks for stopping in and saying hello! It’s always nice to hear from the silent readers :) Summer recipes… well, then you have to make your own sorbet. It’s my ultimate Summer treat (and it’s ready in less than 5 minutes). Even though we’re in the dead of winter; as you said, I still make myself a bowl of it every couple of days. Hope you had a great day!

Lorne Marr

Well I’m in the same league as Paula – also found you on Google while searching for gluten-free recipes. As a bodybuilder I can’t eat gluten – I just don’t want to. That’s not natural.

So, just stopped by to say – thanks for the recipes!

Hi Lorne – thanks for stopping in and introducing yourself! Welcome to the blog. Let me know if you have any questions about the recipes or gluten-free living. I’d love to help if I can!