Printable Gluten-free Recipe Cards

by Leanne Vogel (Healthful Pursuit) on December 4, 2012

If I bring a laptop or iPad into the kitchen with me in hopes of working from it instead of a cookbook or printout I can just about guarantee that the device will end up with a broken screen or melted backing. As a result of my amazing ability to destroy things, I’ve come to rely on printouts versus digital versions of the recipes I try out in my kitchen.

I didn’t want all of the recipes I was printing out to go to waste, so I started converting them into recipe cards and storing them in a little recipe card box when I was finished making them.

After years of collecting others’ recipes on these cards, I figured it was about time to fill the box with my own recipes. I began taking photos of the meals and snacks I was making for Kevin and I, creating recipe cards for them and sharing them over on my recipe card page. So far I’ve created and shared over 8 original recipes that have not been posted to the blog.

Each new recipe comes with a printable PDF and an image that you can download and save to your computer (if you’re one of those iPad cooking folk). There’s a yummy roasted kale and sweet potato recipe card, one for creamy shrimp soup, and a tasty vegan chipotle chili to name a few.

You can access the page by selecting “Recipe Cards” from the Recipe section on the top navigation bar of the blog.

New recipes are posted every Tuesday and shared on Facebook so stay on the lookout!

This week’s recipe is a paleo spaghetti recipe with bison, bacon and chunky vegetable sauce.

Head on over to my gluten-free recipe cards page to check out the recipe and browse the other cards in the collection.

What’s the craziest accident you’ve had in your kitchen?

I’ve had so many it’s hard to pick one. Something that happened just a couple of days ago – I set a stove burner to high heat to let it warm up without a pan on it (it’s an electrical stove so it’s harder to see when it’s on) and then proceeded to set a plastic container on top of the heated burner. It was a mess.

Erica { EricaDHouse.com }

Your recipe card page is so pretty!

I’m actually *shocked* to realize I haven’t had any major kitchen meltdowns … I mean, I set the smoke alarm off constantly and drop and break things/make a massive mess, but nothing outside the norm!

Thanks Erica! Wow, I’m shocked too… way to go!

Leanne, these are BEAUTIFUL!! You’ve done such a great job and I love how clean and vibrant the cards are. I too love having paper-based recipe cards in a box – there’s just something about them that can’t be matched by online recipes. As far as kitchen accidents go, it’s a long story and I can’t remember if I’ve ever actually told you the whole thing but in short, the flame on our gas stove (in my house in Bahrain) had gone out after a day of cooking so my mum told me to ‘carefully re-light it’. Two seconds later… KABOOM! I lost half an eyebrow and all the hair on my right arm!!

Haha you didn’t tell me about this! Too funny. My sister used to loose her eyebrows all the time when we were growing up. She had a fascination with that magnifying glass, fire trick… I don’t know how my parents raise the two of us together, jeewhiz.

Michelle R

Besides the stove fire that happened in our apartment while my mom and I were away from home when I was in high school, the next craziest time was a fireball at my mom’s house during a family gathering – she pulled a lid off some ground beef and the condensation from the inside of the lid dripped into a pan of hot oil (for frying tortillas), the oil splattered and made something go “WHOOOFSH!” It was spectacularly terrifying; everyone pretty much just froze for a couple seconds… Then we poured another round of drinks and went on about dinner. I think either my mom or my aunt may have also lost some body hair in that incident.

Oh yeah, and another time, I set off a fire alarm in a dormitory kitchen and caused the evacuation of about three or four hundred of my fellow students… It was that darn corned-beef hash again.

Now I’m going to go hunt through the recipe cards for the shaved almonds and pasta dish in the picture above – that looks delicious!

Wow, the show must go on! I would have been pretty scared, too. Makes for a great story though!

Andrina - Wholelicious

Hi Leanne, I have nominated you for the Inspiring Blogger Award because I think you deserve a little something for making your blog always look fab! To share this little bit of blogging kindness: 1. Display the award image on your blog. 2. Link back to the person who nominated you. 3. State 7 things about yourself. 4. Nominate 15 other bloggers and link to their sites. 5. Notify the bloggers that they have been nominated and link to the post. Thank you for inspiring me.

Jordan Lynn (Ciao Cow)

These are super cute! I always use my laptop in the kitchen, but honestly, it is probably a horrible accident waiting to happen. I should think about investing in some type of recipe card system. One of the worst kitchen accidents I’ve ever had is when I tried to bake a cake in college, and put the entire mix in a small heart shaped pan. The red velvet batter spilled all over my oven.

GiGi Eats Celebrities

Mmmm! Paleo Spaghetti :) Spaghetti Squash literally rocks my world. If it didn’t exist, neither would I! That’s how much I eat it!

Wow, that’s bold! I like your style! I’m a bit of a maniac for my squashes too. Not sure I could live without them either ;)