200 Calorie Chocolate Green Shake

by Leanne Vogel (Healthful Pursuit) on September 4, 2012

Well, hello there! How’s your week shaping up? Have you enjoyed the guests that have stopped by the blog these last couple of days?

We arrived in Montreal late Sunday night, had a good first sleep in the new place, and spent all day Monday cleaning like crazy! I’ll be back this afternoon with a Montreal update just as soon as I run to Home Depot for our first round of paint cans and brushes.

This recipe was one of the last that I made in our home before we packed up my blog room and headed out East. To say that I’m looking forward to getting back to cooking, food photography and full-time blogging is an understatement. For now, I leave you with a 200 calorie green shake that’s high on taste and nutrients but can act as a snack instead of a full meal like a bunch of the other green drinks out there.

This recipe was developed for Happy Days Goat Dairy. For the goat yogurt version of this recipe, click here.

print, email or text this recipe

200 Calorie Chocolate Green Shake
Author:
Allergens: Gluten-free, Refined Sugar-free, Yeast-free, Corn-free, Grain-free, Nut-free
Prep time:
Total time:
Serves: 500mL, 1 serving

Feel good about squashing your chocolate cravings with this green-infused chocolate shake.
Instructions
  1. Place ingredients in your blender in the order listed and blend for 30 second or until smooth.

If you’re feeling heavily indulgent, sprinkle with chocolate shavings!

Erica { EricaDHouse.com }

This recipe forms the basis of most of my smoothies! The only difference is I add half a frozen banana.

And maybe some frozen strawberries :)

Can’t wait to see the new place!

Jasmine

So I just got back from a trip to Montreal, and wanted to thank you about posting about Crudessence! I literally went there maybe 5 or 6 times and the day I left I got a bunch of stuff to go, plus the cook book! That place is amazing! Enjoy it, I will surely miss it!

It’s a fabulous place, isn’t it? We’re planning to go this weekend and I cannot WAIT! Did you find any other good restaurants worth mentioning? I’m in a eating out kinda mood today.

Jasmine

It was the best place ever haha.
I went to Cacao 70 for brunch and it was chocolate heaven!

Mmm I had wanted to visit Cacao 70, but was told it wasn’t that good. Scratch that, I gotta go! Glad you enjoyed your time in Montreal ;)

Sounds yummy, and after a weekend away from home (and away from all electronics, hence my lack of email correspondence), I’m ready to dive into a few big piles of greens today… in salad and smoothie form! Will email you later today!

ingrid

Just happened to have all the ingredients in the fridge, its so good. The combination of chocolate and no guilt, is almost even better. thanks and enjoy your unpacking.

I’m happy you liked it, Ingrid!

Shannon

Woo hoo! can’t wait to make this when I get home. Hoping my 6 yr old will drink one too.

If you say there’s chocolate in it, I can just about guarantee that your kidlet will love it!

Kathleen @ KatsHealthCorner

Nom nom nom. I have been really enjoying green smoothies lately. What a delicious recipe. :)

Carole

Hi there. The current Food on Friday on Carole’s Chatter is collecting links to posts about shakes and smoothies. I do hope you link this lovely one in. This is the link . Please do pop back to check out some of the other links – there are a lot of good ones already. Have a great week.