Just 18 days until the life I’ve always dreamed for myself begins. The suspense is killing me!
Pushing myself to travel to India alone, despite my fears and reservations, helped me to believe in myself – a gift that no one can take away from you.
It also happens to be a gift that may result in you coming home, quitting your job and joining the circus.
Consider yourself warned.
As an ode to India self realization, I figured it was about time I recreate the tomato basil salad that I feasted on throughout my time in Varkala – the part of my trip that was filled with fabulous food, meaningful conversations and lots of beach yoga.
- 4 hot house tomatoes, cut in wedges
- 10 small basil leaves
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 1 tsp palm sugar
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- freshly ground pepper
- Combine tomato wedges and basil leaves in a large bowl. Set aside.
- Combine oil, vinegar, sugar, salt and pepper in a small bowl. Pour over top tomato mixture and stir to coat.
- Chill until ready to serve.
- Add hemp seeds, goat cheese, or chickpeas for extra protein!
What life do you dream for yourself?