Pink Pate and Creamy Pear Salad

by Leanne Vogel (Healthful Pursuit) on July 26, 2012

I couldn’t be more thrilled to be sharing with you a new project I’ve been working on for the past month. It’s called Inspirations with Leanne, where I’ll be sharing a new goat dairy recipe on the Happy Days Dairies website every week. The recipes will be made with as little allergen ingredients as possible, are guaranteed to be easy, gluten-free and family friendly.

With each new recipe, I’ll be posting a link to my Inspirations page over at Happy Days and look forward to getting your feedback! Happy Days Dairies is a fabulous, local company ran by some of the warmest, most passionate people I’ve ever had the pleasure to meet. Working with them on this project, enjoying their products, and sharing their enthusiasm here on the blog is a dream come true!

First up in a long line of tasty goat dairy recipes, is a vegetarian pate made with goat mozzarella, fresh beets, nuts (or seeds), fresh dill, parsley and lemon. It’s light, packed with lemon, and would be absolutely fabulous to serve as an appetizer at your next get together.

Head on over to Happy Days Dairies Inspirations for the recipe.

And; because two recipes is always better than one, what’s Summer without a fruit salad recipe to rely on? In this week’s Inspiration, I shared a recipe for creamy pear fruit salad with raw almonds, goat feta, raisins and a touch of honey. Adding goat cheese to the salad jacked up the protein and added a super creamy consistency – fruit salad at it’s finest!

Head on over to Happy Days Dairies Inspirations for the recipe.

For those of you who just cannot handle your dairy, I’ve listed dairy-free recipe variations for the pate here, and the pear salad here.

Have a lovely Thursday ;)

The opinions expressed herein are those of Healthful Pursuit and are not indicative of the opinions or positions of Happy Days Dairies.

Michelle @ Eat Move Balance

That’s so exciting! Nice work. And . . . goat cheese is my favorite cheese!!! So more recipes using that would be awesome. :)

Ooh congratulations on this project Leanne! I’ll head over and check out the recipe right now. The photos remind me of my beetroot hummus that I posted a little while ago, and I can’t get enough of it (my hands may just turn permanently purple!!) Love your addition of goat mozzarella (which I’ve never actually had before) and nuts. Sounds great!

That’s exciting, Leanne! I can’t wait to see all of the wonderful recipes you come up with :D

Min

How exciting, Leanne!! So so happy for you!! You know I’ve never had goat cheese!! I know…I’ve recently discovered my love for cheese. Well, I think it was always in me. I just didn’t eat it it, as I avoided all fats back then. I’m def trying to make up for all those deprived years ;). Everything looks and sounds amazing, as always!

I’m so happy to hear that you’re open to experiencing new ingredients that you were once fearful of. That’s awesome!

katie @KatieDid

That’s so great Leanne, love my goat cheese :)

Erica { EricaDHouse.com }

I never knew pate could be so beautiful!

That’s exciting! The photos in this post are absolutely stunning… amazing work!

Julie and Brit @ twosaucysisters.wordpress.com

This looks divine! Love the bright pink colour! :)

caralyn @ glutenfreehappytummy

oh my gosh that pear salad is absolutely making my mouth water! it looks so delicious!!!

Kim@hungryhealthygirl

Yum! That beet pate looks fabulous. I kind of reminds me of a beet hummus that I posted a few days ago, which is delish.

Beet hummus would be amazing! I like your style, Kim :)

Javelin Warrior

OMG, I had to jump over immediately and check out the recipe for that pate! It’s so beautiful and I love the use of beets with goat cheese – so cool… I’m featuring this post in today’s Food Fetish Friday (with a link-back and attribution). I hope you have no objections and I can’t wait to see what you create next…

Thanks a bunch, happy that you like the recipe and thanks for sharing it!

Javelin Warrior

It’s really my pleasure and it’s so much fun sharing very Friday. Have a wonderful weekend!

Kris

that pink pate is beautiful!

Joanna

Yum, two of my favourite things, goats cheese and beetroot :) I had to make this today and it was delicious, i love beetroot and this this recipe might have just replaced my usual raw beetroot salad. I had it with some salmon and rocket, perfect combo (and i have some left for tomorrow – yay!),l thanks for another great recipe, will also try out the pear salad one of these days too, it looks delicious too.

Glad you liked it, Joanna! Your raw beetroot salad sounds pretty tasty :)

Audrey Huggett

Hi Leanne,

We featured this recipe on RecipeLion’s blog. You can see the post here: http://blog.recipelion.com/pink-food-idea/

This looks like a fantastic recipe. Thanks for posting it.
Audrey Huggett

Thanks for the feature, Audrey :)

camera cleaning

Hmm it appears like your blog ate my first comment (it was
extremely long) so I guess I’ll just sum it up what I had written and
say, I’m thoroughly enjoying your blog. I as well am an aspiring blog blogger but I’m still
new to the whole thing. Do you have any tips and hints
for newbie blog writers? I’d certainly appreciate it.