Sunday Scenes

by Leanne Vogel (Healthful Pursuit) on May 20, 2012

How’s your weekend coming along? I couldn’t be happier that we have the day off tomorrow, I feel like I’m a day behind on everything!

Weekends seem to fly by when Kevin has a business trip to prepare for. Yesterday was filled with a mishmash of  activities – laundry, packing, last minute deodorant shopping, dry cleaning pick up… you know, all those things travelers leave until the very last minute :|

Any time either of us leave home for awhile, we get to request a last meal that we enjoy with each other before heading to the airport. Yesterday, it was pizza.

I wasn’t really in the mood for pizza (I know, what’s wrong with me?) so I made myself a baked sweet potato with hemp seeds and leftover roasted vegetables. It was divine!

For snack, we shared an apple bowl with cinnamon, coconut and honey.

Kevin get’s a bit too excited over these bowls and insists that I make them because they taste better when I do. I’m pretty sure it’s a figment of his imagination, but I run with it.

We managed to get a little relaxing time in before we started making edits to the blog in preparation for the redesign the blog will be undergoing in the coming weeks. I didn’t want to make the edits without him there to support me if I screwed everything up, so things on the blog will look a bit odd until everything is finalized.

Kevin’s gotten so good at packing a suitcase. He can prepare for a trip in under 20 minutes, it amazes me!

He even remembered his supplement packs, omegas and all!

After I dropped Kevin off at the airport, I decided to cut the grass for the first time this season.

It was a jungle out there.

Lesson: cut the grass more often to avoid bicep exhaustion.

It hurts to lift my arms today.

Kevin’s been bothering me about cleaning my car for weeks so I decided to give it a shot after I mowed the lawn.

I hate cleaning my car. Always have, always will. It’s not that it’s overly dirty, I just have a weird habit of stockpiling things in my backseat – mason jars, jackets, shoes, hair accessories…

I was surprised to find 17 mason jars rolling around the backseat. Heh… they make for the best water bottles!

With most of the chores out of the way, I decided to spend most of today in the kitchen trying out a sinfully sweet raw, vegan dessert…

recipe tomorrow!

Jane

Oh my gosh, that looks amazing! So does your apple bowl!! Happy Sunday!

Mary @ Bites and Bliss

It’s cute he asks you to make the apple bowls since you do them so much better! :)

char eats greens

I can’t believe you had that many mason jars in your car. I wish I had that many mason jars in general! I really need to just suck it up and buy a case of them. The husband doesn’t understand, but I’m sure I can change those thoughts might quickly. Hope Kevin has a safe trip!

I couldn’t believe it either. I didn’t even know I owned that many!

Priscilla

Is there a reason that you use coconut oil in so many of your recipes? It is very high in saturated fat and raises blood cholesterol levels. Why not use canola oil?

Hi Priscilla – I wrote about why I use coconut oil here: http://www.healthfulpursuit.com/2011/03/coconut-muffin-tops/ Since consuming it along with a plant based diet, I’ve been able to decrease my LDL, increase my HDL and stabilize my hormones. It’s not for everyone though, you have to make a choice that’s good for your body. Hope that helps!

Kristin @ eat healthy. be happy. live well.

Haha my husband is the same way!! He always says it tastes better when I do it, but I know he just doesn’t want to have to do it himself. And, I am the exact same way with my car! It’s amazing the things that pile up in there.

It’s too great that your hubby does the same thing! Sheesh!

Baking Serendipity

I love those apple bowls! I always ask my husband to make egg sandwiches…I think he makes them better than I do on my own! Also…20 minutes of pack time is ridiculously impressive. It takes me days!

those bars at the end! That is so me!

Cutting the grass and using arm muscles that you forgot you had…ahhh, brings back memories of h.s. and cutting the lawn for extra cashola from my parents and waking up the next day and wondering WHY I did that. Lol

Meg

I have never put hemp seeds on my sweet potato before :) I need to try this! Enjoy your day off tomorrow love xo

It’s so, so, so good! I don’t know why I hadn’t thought of it sooner!

Madison @ Pilates Makes You Happy

Those apple bowls look SO good!