Salad Challenge: Green Goddessphere at Sea

by Leanne Vogel (Healthful Pursuit) on January 4, 2012

This weeks’ salad challenge posts: Introduction, Sweet + Creamy Broccoli Salad

I find that I am a lot more excited to prepare a big salad everyday when I have a fun and exciting homemade dressing to depend on.

Some of my favorites are Smokey Bear Dressing, Sweet Almond Spread with a bit of water, and Maple Balsamic Dijon. But no dressing compares to the power of the Green Goddessphere.

I promise, it’ll make any salad sing.

No matter what other random dressings I create on a weekly basis, there is always a batch of green goddessphere in the fridge.

It combines perfectly with mashed hard boiled eggs, makes for a delicious veggie or chicken finger dip, and; of course, is a great addition to any greens salad, including this one!

[print_this]

Green Goddessphere at Sea

Gluten free, Dairy free, Sugar-free, Yeast free, Corn free, Grain free

This salad has all of the flavor of a California roll but with 0 grains and amped up veggies! Crumbling up nori sheets in your salad is a great way to increase your iron and iodine content easily which helps to maintain healthy blood and a happy thyroid.

Yield: 6 cups

Servings: 2

• 4 cups mixed greens
  • 100g/24 count cooked and tail removed shrimp
  • 6 Brussels sprouts, steamed (optional)
  • 1/2 avocado, diced
  • 1/2 cucumber, diced
  • 1 carrot, diced
  • 1 nori sheet, crumbled
  • 1 tbsp toasted sesame seeds
  • 3 tbsp green goddessphere dressing

1. If you’re not a Brussels sprout fan, feel free to opt out. I love the texture they bring to salads, but it’s a preference thing. If you’re using, trim off the end of the sprout and cut in half lengthwise. Steam for 2-3 minutes until crisp tender. Remove from steamer and set aside.
  2. Combine all ingredients in a big bowl, topping with green goddessphere dressing and stirring to coat.
  3. Serve immediately

View nutrition facts

[/print_this]

What’s your favorite homemade dressing recipe? Feel free to mention or link up in the comments below!

Rebecca @ Naturally Healthy and Gorgeous

Love the homemade dressing especially since green goddess dressings are usually so unhealthy!

MMmm!!! I’ve never actually had a green goddess dressing-will have to try!

My favorite is a very simple dijon. Takes literally 20 seconds to make: http://spoonfulofsugarfree.com/2011/06/12/dijon-dressing/

LizAshlee

What a delicious salad!!!

Lol I’ll have double the Brussels sprouts in mine please! ;) Your dressing sounds delicious. I have a go-to herby green blend too, but I love the idea of putting sunflower seeds in it – i never would have thought of that!!

Felicia

i had a very similar salad last night! that dressing sounds great.
love your salad challenge- i eat one every day, usually with dinner, and have been for so long. very versatile and delicious :)

Leslie

Hmmmm favorite recipe…I think I am with you on the green goddess!

Kris | iheartwellness.com

WOW!!!! I Love Roasted Brussels on a salad…I’m swooning over here!!! I must make ASAP!

xxoo

I have SUCH a hard time with salad dressings! I have not found one that I am completely head over heels with to date. I recently found a roasted garlic italian vinaigrette that I enjoy, but there’s still something missing! If I left out the freeze-dried chives in this salad recipe, would it affect the flavor much?

Loving the salad challenge by the way :)

Is it because you don’t like chives? I’ve never tried without, but maybe you could add fresh green onions, or raw red or yellow onion to give it a bit of the zing. You don’t need too much. Glad you like the challenge!

Actually, call me crazy but I’ve never tried chives before! But I just haven’t seen the freeze-dried ones anywhere, that’s why I ask. Could I use fresh chives?

They’re usually with the spices, if that helps. If you can’t find them though, fresh chives would work just fine! I’d use about 2-3 tbsp. See how it goes and add more if needed.

I love lots of veggies on my salads. That’s what I call a salad…a bunch of veggies thrown together with lettuce, tofu, etc.

Just lettuce? Too boring and not hearty enough! Need the veggies!

Addie

Leanne,

Love your site and recipes! You are so talented. What is the name of the website/s where you order a lot of your products that you feature? Thank you!

Hi Addie, thanks! I purchase most of my groceries at Superstore. If I can’t find it there, I go to health food stores in my area – Nutters, Planet Organic, Bulk Barn, and Community Natural Foods. If I can’t find it there, I usually order my products from Upaya Naturals, Low Carb Canada, or National Nutrition. Hope that helps!

jessie ann james

this salad looks fab! thank you for the good salad ideas! i get so stuck on the same one day to day!

Baking Serendipity

I love making a healthy green goddess dressing :) And you are definitely right…I eat so many more salads and vegetables in general when there is homemade dressing in the fridge. This is definitely a secret to keeping the eat more veggies resolution!